Saturday, September 3, 2011

quick sand

How quickly wonder turns to doubt.
Almost
As soon as ink dries on paper
The thoughts
That seemed so concrete
And sure of themselves
Just a while ago
Suddenly waver and erase
themselves.

How quickly i begin to question.
Almost as soon as i
turn away from the altar
Even though a while before
I had surrendered to Them
My doubts, bundled
In coconuts and flowers
And smiled as i closed my eyes
Sure, that they had heard me.

How quickly sadness replaces laughter.
Almost
As soon as
You leave the door,
Even though you have just
Revealed to me the many
Splendored shades of love
Through your hushed promises
And tenderness,
Making me believe the
Luckiness of it all happening
To me.

Quicksand it is
I feel myself stumbling
From surefootedness
Into an avalanche of doubt
That consumes me
Until the wonder appears
Again.


written now in the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment