Thursday, September 1, 2011

illusions of reality

I wandered many years,
Deluded by illusions
That offered to me a world
warped in bizarre chimeras
of what is and what must be.
I sought answers and received
Maudlin cries of sympathy
I reasoned and argued
And found that i was already
Lost before conversations had
Begun.

Surely these mirages i saw
were real, I thought.
Seeking answers,
i met saints in saffron,
And those enrobed in white
Men of god who believed in
a boderless might
I still not knew the answers,
For everywhere i went,
The questions were the same,
The answers none.

I wandered until there came a time
When my humankind gave me up,
To an institution for insanity.
Locked up, i discovered new
Apparitions of the world.
Cloudless with doubt,
as blank as a starless sky.
Hallucinating was i,
Of beauty that limited
Vocabulary.
But no one saw what i did.

After years of looking up to men
For answers i no longer cared about
I chanced upon a look above
And then realised the enormity
Of the blunders of my mind.
How foolish was i to find the one above,
amidst dwarfed mankind!

No comments:

Post a Comment