Thursday, October 13, 2011

Retribution

Today,
I stand at the gates
Of wisdom,
Paying penance
For my forefathers’ sins.
Their sins of demarcating
Humankind into
The good, the bad and the ugly.

I stand everywhere,
Demarcated now,
Even though
I don’t care,
Never have,
About whom i sit with,
Or where i eat,
Of who my friends are,
Or where they come from.

And still,
I cringe when they say that word.
Apologetic for an
Inheritance that forsakes me
And sends me to foreign shores
To make a future,
Because i have none here.

In the end,
Karma always catches up.
It always catches up.




as long as we speak of caste, reservation, upliftment of different sects, there will always be a section that is demarcated. when will we begin to think of humanity as a whole? as one where everyone lives the way he works and is good at? ah! poetry and idealism.

1 comment:

  1. ஞான வாயிலில்
    நிற்கிறேன் இன்று
    எனது முன்னோர் செய்த
    பாவங்களுக்கு
    பிராயச்சித்தமாய்

    நல்லோர் தீயோர்
    என மனிதரை
    பிரித்துவைத்த
    பாவம்

    என்னுடன்
    அமர்பவர் எவரெவர்
    உண்பவர் எவரெவர்
    எனது தோழர்கள்
    யார் யார்
    அவர் வருவது
    எங்கிருந்து
    என கவனிப்பவள்
    இல்லை நான்
    எனினும்….
    கட்டம் கட்டப்படுகிறேன்
    எங்கு சென்றபோதும்..

    ஆயினும் அந்த சொல்லை
    கேட்கும்போதெல்லாம்
    அச்சமுறுகிறேன்

    வருந்துகிறேன்
    என்னை கைவிட்டு
    செல்லும் எனது
    பாரம்பரியத்தை
    நினைத்து

    இல்லாத எதிர்காலத்தை
    தாயகத்தில் தேடும்
    என்னை
    அயலகம் செல்ல
    துரத்தும் எனது
    பாரம்பரியத்தை
    நினைத்து

    பற்றாது விடாது
    கர்மவினை
    எப்போதும்
    எப்போதும்

    ReplyDelete